Wits University NSFAS Online Application 2021-2022
So you are interested in applying for the WITS University NSFAS Student aid for 2021-2022?, then youve come to the right place. On this page we are happy to present to you the details and steps required in successfully applying for your NSFAS loan. It should be noted that this loan was created by the South African government to meet the needs of needy students who demonstrate a potential for academic success. These students typically belong to households that make less but not more than R600000 a year.
The WITS University NSFAS Application is simple and straightforward. A student will have to create a mynsfas Account, then proceed to fill an online application form. Details of the steps below are outline below.
NB: Students who already applied for and received NSFAS funding do not need to reapply. Such students will simply have to sign an agreement form, after which loans will be released. It should be noted that a student must meet the necessary requirement of attaining a progressive score of at least 50% to remain eligible. Students who fall below this score are likely to be excluded from funding.
The NSFAS loan is widely misconceived as a bursary, this is NOT true. This student aid is a loan facility made available by the government to support needy students. There are however special situations where a portion of the loan is converted into a bursary based on academic performance. This bursary may be as much as 40% of the loaned amount.
Below are the necessary documents required to start your application.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Please ensure that you have certified copies (less than 3 months) of the following documents before you lodge an application (either online or at the National Youth Development Agency Offices). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Your South African ID or unabridged birth certificate
- IDs of parents and / or guardians (or death certificate where applicable)
- IDs of each person leaving with you in your home
- Pay slip / letter of employment / pension advice (not older than 3 months)
- Signed consent form, filled in with parent / guardian signatures. Applications without a consent form that is not signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application, will not be accepted, and will be considered as incomplete. You can download the form via www.nsfas.org.za/content/howtoapply.html
If you have a disability, the Disability Annexure A must also be completed. This form can be accessed via www.nsfas.org.za/content/howtoapply.html
- Only students who plan to do the following postgraduate qualification may apply:
1. Postgraduate Certificate in Education
2. Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting, and LLB
Students wishing to undertake other postgraduate qualifications MUST NOT apply. These students will need to apply to the NRF when they open their applications later this year.
WHERE DO YOU APPLY?
- You can apply online via www.nsfas.org.za OR
- You can collect and drop off your complete paper NSFAS application and ALL required documents at NYDA Offices. To find your closest office, visitwww.nsfas.org.za/content/howtoapply.html#account3
- Ensure that the mobile number on your application form works. Do not change the number as NSFAS will communicate with you via this number throughout the application process.
- Only South African citizens are eligible to apply for NSFAS Funding
Wits University NSFAS Application Closing Date
All students with a household income of R600 000 or less are encouraged to apply for possible funding. ALL applications must be submitted via the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za
Please note the following important information:
- The deadline for NSFAS funding is 30 November. No late applications will be accepted. For more information on the application process or to apply, please visit www.nsfas.org.za or call 086 006 7327.
- The closing date for applications for other funding opportunities will be communicated at a later stage. Please note, however, that ALL applications for funding must be submitted via the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za
Wits University NSFAS Contact Details
For general enquiries about NSFAS loans and bursaries
Tel No.: 08000 67327
Private Bag X1, Plumstead 7801, South Africa
10 Brodie Road, House Vincent 2nd Floor, Wynberg, Cape Town 7700
Account, Payment and Balance Enquiries
For queries regarding payments and balances:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
For general enquiries relating to accounts:
For all other queries regarding students:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
– Students, University and TVET College documents
Private Bag X4, Plumstead 7801, South Africa
Vuvuzela Fraud & Corruption hotline
To submit information on fraud or corruption identified or witnessed:
Tel No.: 0860 247 653
Fax2Email: 086 726 1681
SMS Call Back Number: 30916
For all NSFAS Wallet related enquiries:
Tel No: 08000 67327
– NSFAS Wallet documents
Private Bag X6, Plumstead 7801, South Africa
Outreach and Community Event Invites
For all queries regarding outreach and community event invites:
Tel No.: 021 763 3200
For all media related enquiries please contact:
Tel No: 021 763 3200