University of Venda UNIVEN NSFAS Online Application 2020 – 2021
So you are interested in applying for the University of Venda UNIVEN Student aid for 2020 – 2021?, then you’ve come to the right place. On this page we are happy to present to you the details and steps required in successfully applying for your NSFAS loan. It should be noted that this loan was created by the South African government to meet the needs of needy students who demonstrate a potential for academic success. These students typically belong to households that make less but not more than R600000 a year.
The University of Venda UNIVEN Application is simple and straightforward. A student will have to create a mynsfas Account, then proceed to fill an online application form. Details of the steps below are outline below.
NB: Students who already applied for and received NSFAS funding do not need to reapply. Such students will simply have to sign an agreement form, after which loans will be released. It should be noted that a student must meet the necessary requirement of attaining a progressive score of at least 50% to remain eligible. Students who fall below this score are likely to be excluded from funding.
The NSFAS loan is widely misconceived as a bursary, this is NOT true. This student aid is a loan facility made available by the government to support needy students. There are however special situations where a portion of the loan is converted into a bursary based on academic performance. This bursary may be as much as 40% of the loaned amount.
Below are the necessary documents required to start your application.
To be eligible, students must:-
- Be South African citizens;
- Be studying for a first qualification;
- Be financially needy;
- Demonstrate the potential to succeed academically.
Who qualifies? You may qualify for the NSFAS bursary at the Financial Aid Office / Student Support Services on Campus if:
• you are registering for the first-time for an undergraduate qualification and have been admitted
• you are a South African citizen
• your combined annual household income does not exceed R350 000 per annum
Who does not qualify?
• Students with a combined annual household income of more than R350 000 per annum.
• Students who have already applied for and qualify for NSFAS funding (students who have previously received NSFAS funding and who qualify for NSFAS funding will receive a bursary).
• Foreign students (any student who is not a South African citizen).
To calculate the value of the loan to which a student is entitled, the NSFAS Means Test is used. Students with a gross annual family income in excess of R180 000 will seldom be eligible for funding.
Limited funds are available so applicants will not necessarily be granted funding from NSFAS. It is important, therefore that applications are submitted as early as possible.
If a student passes all subjects in the year that funding is obtained from NSFAS, 40% of the value of the NSFAS loan is converted into a bursary and is credited to the student’s NSFAS accounting during the course of the following year.
The student will be asked to start repaying the loan once employed and earning a salary in excess of R26 300 per year. Repayments will be based on the individual’s earnings.
For 2009, the interest on the loan is 7.6%. This amount is reviewed annually.
WHERE DO YOU APPLY?
- You can apply online via www.nsfas.org.za OR
- You can collect and drop off your complete paper NSFAS application and ALL required documents at NYDA Offices. To find your closest office, visitwww.nsfas.org.za/content/howtoapply.html#account3
University of Venda NSFAS Application Status
University of Venda UNIVEN NSFAS Application Closing Date
All students with a household income of R600 000 or less are encouraged to apply for possible funding. ALL applications must be submitted via the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za
Please note the following important information:
- The deadline for NSFAS funding is 30 November. No late applications will be accepted. For more information on the application process or to apply, please visit www.nsfas.org.za or call 086 006 7327.
- The closing date for applications for other funding opportunities will be communicated at a later stage. Please note, however, that ALL applications for funding must be submitted via the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za
University of Venda Bursaries, Loans and Scholarships 2020 – 2021
Eduloan provides financial access to education for students in South Africa. A leading provider of study loans in South Africa. We pay for tuition fees, registration fees, accommodation, books, as well as laptops and tablets – helping to unlock the potential in everyone who has the will to learn. Eduloan is committed to making education both affordable and accessible to all aspiring students.
For more information, please visit www.eduloan.co.za
To apply now, please go to www.myeduloan.co.za
University of Venda NSFAS Contact Details
For general enquiries about NSFAS loans and bursaries
Tel No.: 08000 67327
Private Bag X1, Plumstead 7801, South Africa
10 Brodie Road, House Vincent 2nd Floor, Wynberg, Cape Town 7700
Account, Payment and Balance Enquiries
For queries regarding payments and balances:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
For general enquiries relating to accounts:
For all other queries regarding students:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
– Students, University and TVET College documents
Private Bag X4, Plumstead 7801, South Africa
Vuvuzela Fraud & Corruption hotline
To submit information on fraud or corruption identified or witnessed:
Tel No.: 0860 247 653
Fax2Email: 086 726 1681
SMS Call Back Number: 30916
For all NSFAS Wallet related enquiries:
Tel No: 08000 67327
– NSFAS Wallet documents
Private Bag X6, Plumstead 7801, South Africa
Outreach and Community Event Invites
For all queries regarding outreach and community event invites:
Tel No.: 021 763 3200
For all media related enquiries please contact:
Tel No: 021 763 3200