University of Namibia International Students Applications
UNAM International Students Applications
Study Permit Requirements
According to the Immigration Control Act of 19 August 1993, all International students (SADC and Non-SADC) should be in possession of a valid approved Study Permit and Visa before entering Namibia for the purpose of studying.
Only persons with permanent Namibian Residence, Refugees or Asylum Seekers and Diplomatic representatives are exempted from applying for a Study Permit and Visa. The mentioned categories are exempted on condition that they provide the relevant documentation (i.e. Permanent Residence Permit, approved and endorsed Refugee / Political Asylum Seekers status, a Courtesy Visa which confirms diplomatic status).
The Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration made an arrangement with the University of Namibia to issue study permits to students after registration on condition that the following requirements are met:
- All senior students will be allowed into the country with their valid Study Visa which expires on 28 February 2018.
- Senior students will be allowed to register but need to meet the following requirements before renewal of their Study Visas:
- The University of Namibia is also requested to provide progress reports of each international student after each semester.
- Study permits will only be valid for one academic year and will end on 28 February of each respective year.
- Senior students should ensure that they renew their study permits before the endorsed study permit expires. Failure to do that, the University will de-register the student and informs the relevant authority for deportation.
- Proof of registration
- Results of previous academic year
- Valid Study Visa of the previous year
- Proof of Medical Insurance
- Namibian Police Clearance
- Proof of residence in Namibia (Lease Agreement)
- Proof of payment of the full minimum deposit payable to the University of Namibia
- Study permit fees (N$ 1475.00 PER ACADEMIC YEAR)
FIRST YEAR STUDENTS
The Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration will expect all provisional admitted students to submit a Letter of Provisional/ Conditional Admission at any Point of Entry.
Upon registration students need to submit the following:
- Provisional admission letter from UNAM;
- Valid Passport;
- Proof of visitors entry visa for registration purposes;
- Proof of Medical Insurance;
- Proof of Residence in Namibia (Lease Agreement);
- Proof of Payment/ financial means to sustain yourself (See Student Fees 2018);
- Police Clearance Certificate (from country of origin)
- Medical and Radiology Reports (from country of origin)
- High school results from home country.
- Study permit fees (N$ 1475.00 PER ACADEMIC YEAR)
International students will not be allowed to register without meeting the above mentioned conditions.
International students must not pay Study Permit’s fees into the University’s account. During the registration period, there will be officials from the Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration who will be processing Study Visa applications. Students should visit the Ministry of Home Affairs and Immigration-Namibia-Website to download the application forms for study permit and to access other information.
Procedures for 2021-2022
- Application forms can be submitted during registration period at UNAM Main campus. The due date for applying for study permit is the 28th February 2018. There will be no late application. Ensure that you submit your application forms on time. Late applications will not be accepted at University of Namibia. It is the responsibility of the study to ensure that the application forms are submitted on time.
- Immigration Officials will be at UNAM’s Main Campus during the registration period to process the application forms.
- Study Permits will be issued based on one year duration of study.
- Study Permit fees per year are N$ 1475.00.
- No change of conditions will be allowed once the Study Permit is approved for a specific field.
- Students who finished with their degree courses should not take up short language courses.
- Only full time students will receive study permits. No study permits for distance education students.
- Kindly take note that, there will be no extension of dates, and no application form will be received after the due date. Students who failed to adhere to these rules will be deported, and be charged accordingly.
- 9. The University of Namibia will not assist students who failed to submit their application forms on time.
- 10. Study permits application forms for academic year 2019 will close on the 28th February 2019.
- 11. Students applying for short course or exchange programme have different requirements, and should contact the Office of the Registrar, International Students Office at +264-206321 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
See Also :
2021-2022 Applications for Universities in Namibia
- University of Namibia UNAM Application 2021-2022
- Welwitchia University Namibia Admissions
- Namibia University of Science and Technology NUST Application 2021-2022
- Polytechnic of Namibia Application 2021-2022
- International University of Management IUM Application 2021-2022
- The University Center for Studies in Namibia Application 2021-2022 ( TUCSIN ) Application 2021-2022
- Namibian College of Open Learning ( NAMCOL ) Application 2021-2022
- Adonai College Application 2021-2022
- College of the Arts (COTA) Application 2021-2022
- Frameworks Africa Consultancy CC Application 2021-2022
- Headstart Mercy Montessori Teachers Training College Application 2021-2022
- International Training College Lingua ( ITCL ) Application 2021-2022
- Katutura Community College ( KCC ) Application 2021-2022
- Monitronic Success College Application 2021-2022
- Namibia Construction Skills Academy (NCSA ) Application 2021-2022
- Namibia Evangelical Theological Seminary ( NETS ) Application 2021-2022
- On Track Learning Solutions Namibia Application 2021-2022
- Philippi Trust Namibia Application 2021-2022
- Shadonai Beauty School Application 2021-2022
- St. Charles Lwanga Major Seminary Application 2021-2022
- Triumphant College Application 2021-2022
- United Lutheran Theological Seminary Paulinum Application 2021-2022
- Center For Training and Projects Development (CTPD) Application 2021-2022
Application 2021-2022 For Business Schools in Namibia
- Namibia Business School Application 2021-2022
- Southern Business School Namibia Application 2021-2022
- Business School of Excellence Namibia Application 2021-2022
Application 2021-2022 For Institutes in Namibia
- Namibia Institute of Architects Application 2021-2022 and Registration
- Namibia Institute of Mining and Technology (NIMT) Application 2021-2022
- Namibian Maritime and Fisheries Institute (Namfi) Application 2021-2022
- Tulipohamba Training and Assessment Institute Application 2021-2022
- Labour Resource and Research Institute ( LaRRI ) Application 2021-2022
- Institute of Bankers Namibia ( IOB ) Application 2021-2022
- Institute of Information Technology ( IIT ) Application 2021-2022
- Institute for Open Learning ( IOL ) Application 2021-2022
- Namibia Institute of Architects Application 2021-2022
- Institute for Domestic Science & Agriculture in Baumgartsbrunn
Applications for Vocational Schools in Namibia 2021-2022
- Wolwedans Foundation Trust Application 2021-2022
- National Youth Service (NYS) Application 2021-2022
- Namibian Academy for Tourism and Hospitality ( NATH ) Application 2021-2022
- Military School – Osona Base Application 2021-2022
- Katutura Youth Enterprise Center ( KAYEC ) Application 2021-2022
- African Hospitality and Tourism Cc Application 2021-2022
- Africa Institutional Management Services ( AIMS ) Application 2021-2022
- Africa Leadership Institute ( ALI ) Application 2021-2022
- DAPP (Development Aid from People to People ) Vocational Training School Application 2021-2022 **
- Eenhana Vocational Training Centre, Engela, Ohangwena Region Application 2021-2022
- Nakayale Vocational Training Centre, Outapi, Omusati Region Application 2021-2022
- Okakarara Vocational Training Centre, Okakarara, Otjozondjupa Region.
- Rundu Vocational Training Centre, Rundu, Kavango Region Application 2021-2022
- Valombola Vocational Training Centre, Ongwediva, Oshana Region Application 2021-2022
- Windhoek Vocational Training Centre, Windhoek, Khomas Region Application 2021-2022
- Zambezi Vocational Training Centre, Katima Mulilo, Zambezi Region Application 2021-2022
- Ngato Vocational Training Center, Rundu, Kavango West Application 2021-2022