Polytechnic of Namibia Application 2022-2023
NSSC (H) – Namibia Senior Secondary Certificate Higher Level; NSSC (O) – Namibia Senior Secondary Certificate Ordinary Level; HIGCSE – Higher International General Certificate of Secondary Education; IGCSE –International General Certificate of Secondary Education; SC – Senior Certificate (Higher Grade & Standard Grade); NSC – National Senior Certificate (South Africa); GCE – General Certificate of Education (Advanced and Ordinary Levels); IB – International Baccalaureate Schools (Higher Levels & Standard Levels)
All the information and links that you need about the Namibia University of Science and Technology, are provided below. Navigate the links and click on the back button in your browser to return to this page.
•The NUST offers Full-time, Part-time,Distance Education, and extra-curricular programs.
•The NUST is a vibrant institution of higher learning, with about 11,000 students enrolled.
•The medium of instruction is English. The institution offers opportunities for international exchanges.
•Three hostels on campus provide a bed-capacity of 429 to both male and female full-time students.
•The NUST also offers a wide range of sports and recreational activities.
Admission is based on completion of Grade 12 or equivalent qualification: Prospective students should have a matriculation certificate or equivalent, with a maximum of 6 qualifying subjects, which must yield a score of at least 25 points. A candidate should obtain an E symbol or better in English.
TAKING EDUCATION TO THE PEOPLE
In order to make education more accessible to Namibians, the NUST has a network of nine centres located in the following towns: Gobabis, Katima Mulilo, Keetmanshoop, Khorixas, Oshakati, Otjiwarongo, Rundu, Swakopmund, Tsumbeb, and Windhoek. The centres are administered through the Centre for Open and Lifelong Learning (COLL).
Application for Resumption of Studies
Students who previously studied at the Namibia University of Science and Technology and have gained credits towards completing their qualification, but who have interrupted their studies for a semester or longer, must apply for resumption of studies by completing the prescribed form, before they will be allowed to re-register.
Prospective candidates for the degree of Master shall apply in writing for admission to the required study year. Each application shall be considered on its merit by the Postgraduate Studies Committee. The general requirement for admission to the degree of Master shall be a recognized four-year Bachelor degree with a research component or an equivalent qualification as approved by Senate.
Admission is based on completion of Grade 12 or equivalent qualification: Prospective students should have a matriculation certificate or equivalent, with a maximum of 5 qualifying subjects, which must yield a score of at least 25 points Evaluation Scale. A candidate should obtain an E symbol or better in English.
Admission Based on Age and Maturity
Applicants who do not meet normal admission requirements, but have at least a Junior Certificate or equivalent qualification, may, in the spirit of lifelong learning and redress of past disadvantage, apply for admission through the mature age entry scheme.
Applicants under the mature age entry scheme should:
>Have reached the age of 23 years on 1 January of the academic year for which admission is sought.
>Normally have completed their full-time school or college education at least three years before the academic year for which admission is sought. Selection for mature age entry will be, by means of appropriate written entrance tests, three years relevant work experience, satisfactory references and passing of the NUST language proficiency test in English at a level which enables them to commence programmes of study as approved by Senate.
Admission Based on Advanced Standing
The Registrar may, upon recommendation of the Dean and Head of Department grant admission with advanced standing i.e. admit applicants with credits on completed qualifications from other accredited institutions of higher learning to higher study levels within a programme. Granting such advance standing shall involve an evaluation of the volume of relevant credits presented and the attainment of core competencies (learning) within the curriculum of the programme. An original transcript should be attached to the application.
When and How to Apply
Before you apply to NUST please familiarise yourself with the programmes / qualifications on offer as well as the admission requirements.
After deciding on a qualification you are willing to pursue, you may:
Apply to NUST online at https://ienabler.nust.na/pls/prodi41/w99pkg.mi_login. Applying online provides you with immediate notification that your application has been received. You will also be able to follow the progress of your application online. Online applications is FREE!
Apply manually by downloading the application form, complete and submit at the NUST Main Campus or any of the Regional Centres or via the post. An application fee of N$220 for undergraduate and N$330 for postgraduate is payable.
Forms must be submitted to: For Enquiries:
The Office of the Registrar, Tel: +264 61 – 207 2056
Private Bag 13388, Fax: +264 61 – 207 9075
NUST BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS:
NUST Current Account Number: 55500126319,
First National Bank,
Branch Code: 281872.
WHEN TO APPLY
The closing date for Mature age application is 31 August;
An application fee of N$220 for Mature age is payable.
Closing date for all other application is 30 September.
Deadline for late application is 30 October.
No late applications will be accepted for mature age.
If the application is received after the closing date, the prescribed non-refundable late application fee of N$630 must accompany the application.
No late applications will be considered for admission via the Mature Age Entry Scheme. The Namibia University of Science and Technology reserves the right to reject any such late applications.
CERTIFIED COPIES OF DOCUMENTS THAT MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION ARE:
Identity Document or Birth Certificate (Namibian Citizens);
Passport (non-Namibian citizens);
If applying manually, proof of payment (e.g. original bank deposit slip);
Latest school results eg. Namibian Senior Secondary Certificate (NSSC), August results (current grade 12 learners);
Declaration and Undertaking. If you are under the age of 18, the form must be co-signed by a legal guardian or parent;
Reference letter from employer(s) – Applicable to Mature Age Entry Scheme applicants only;
Certified copies of qualification(s) e.g. diploma, degree etc., Academic Record/Transcripts and complete syllabi – for Postgraduate or Advanced Standing Applicants;
Latest qualification in original language and a translation in English, if the qualification is in a language other than English; a NQA Evaluation of the qualification, if it is obtained outside the SADC Region – Foreign Applicants
The Namibia Qualifications Authority (NQA) evaluates foreign qualifications and if such qualifications are at Grade 12 level, the application will be considered for admission. Foreign school qualifications from countries in the SADC region need not be evaluated by the NQA for admission purposes. Please contact the NQA offices at:
Namibia Qualifications Authority
Private Bag 13247
Phone: +264 61 384100
Fax: +264 61 384114
Corner of Bismarck and Dr. W Kulz Street
Website address: http://www.namqa.org (link is external)
You are advised to submit your qualifications for evaluation two (2) months prior to applying to the Namibia University of Science and Technolog (NUST) and to attach your original NQA evaluation to your application
Besides the General Admission Requirements, individual Faculties and Departments may have additional or special admission requirements which will be stipulated under each qualification, under the heading “Courses offered by the Namibia University of Science and Technology.”
2022-2023 Applications for Universities in Namibia
- University of Namibia UNAM Application 2022-2023
- Welwitchia University Namibia Admissions
- Namibia University of Science and Technology NUST Application 2022-2023
- Polytechnic of Namibia Application 2022-2023
- International University of Management IUM Application 2022-2023
- The University Center for Studies in Namibia Application 2022-2023 ( TUCSIN ) Application 2022-2023
- Namibian College of Open Learning ( NAMCOL ) Application 2022-2023
- Adonai College Application 2022-2023
- College of the Arts (COTA) Application 2022-2023
- Frameworks Africa Consultancy CC Application 2022-2023
- Headstart Mercy Montessori Teachers Training College Application 2022-2023
- International Training College Lingua ( ITCL ) Application 2022-2023
- Katutura Community College ( KCC ) Application 2022-2023
- Monitronic Success College Application 2022-2023
- Namibia Construction Skills Academy (NCSA ) Application 2022-2023
- Namibia Evangelical Theological Seminary ( NETS ) Application 2022-2023
- On Track Learning Solutions Namibia Application 2022-2023
- Philippi Trust Namibia Application 2022-2023
- Shadonai Beauty School Application 2022-2023
- St. Charles Lwanga Major Seminary Application 2022-2023
- Triumphant College Application 2022-2023
- United Lutheran Theological Seminary Paulinum Application 2022-2023
- Center For Training and Projects Development (CTPD) Application 2022-2023
Application 2022-2023 For Business Schools in Namibia
- Namibia Business School Application 2022-2023
- Southern Business School Namibia Application 2022-2023
- Business School of Excellence Namibia Application 2022-2023
Application 2022-2023 For Institutes in Namibia
- Namibia Institute of Architects Application 2022-2023 and Registration
- Namibia Institute of Mining and Technology (NIMT) Application 2022-2023
- Namibian Maritime and Fisheries Institute (Namfi) Application 2022-2023
- Tulipohamba Training and Assessment Institute Application 2022-2023
- Labour Resource and Research Institute ( LaRRI ) Application 2022-2023
- Institute of Bankers Namibia ( IOB ) Application 2022-2023
- Institute of Information Technology ( IIT ) Application 2022-2023
- Institute for Open Learning ( IOL ) Application 2022-2023
- Namibia Institute of Architects Application 2022-2023
- Institute for Domestic Science & Agriculture in Baumgartsbrunn
Applications for Vocational Schools in Namibia 2022-2023
- Wolwedans Foundation Trust Application 2022-2023
- National Youth Service (NYS) Application 2022-2023
- Namibian Academy for Tourism and Hospitality ( NATH ) Application 2022-2023
- Military School – Osona Base Application 2022-2023
- Katutura Youth Enterprise Center ( KAYEC ) Application 2022-2023
- African Hospitality and Tourism Cc Application 2022-2023
- Africa Institutional Management Services ( AIMS ) Application 2022-2023
- Africa Leadership Institute ( ALI ) Application 2022-2023
- DAPP (Development Aid from People to People ) Vocational Training School Application 2022-2023 **
- Eenhana Vocational Training Centre, Engela, Ohangwena Region Application 2022-2023
- Nakayale Vocational Training Centre, Outapi, Omusati Region Application 2022-2023
- Okakarara Vocational Training Centre, Okakarara, Otjozondjupa Region.
- Rundu Vocational Training Centre, Rundu, Kavango Region Application 2022-2023
- Valombola Vocational Training Centre, Ongwediva, Oshana Region Application 2022-2023
- Windhoek Vocational Training Centre, Windhoek, Khomas Region Application 2022-2023
- Zambezi Vocational Training Centre, Katima Mulilo, Zambezi Region Application 2022-2023
- Ngato Vocational Training Center, Rundu, Kavango West Application 2022-2023