NWU Bursaries, Loans and Scholarships 2024-2025
North-West University NWU Bursaries , Loans and Scholarships
NWU Undergraduate Bursaries , Loans and Scholarships
The object of the NSFAS loan scheme is to provide financial aid to students who have academic potential but lack the necessary funds to study.
|Funza Lushaka Teaching Bursary||This bursary is awarded to students who are South African citizens with at least one of the following priority area specialization subjects included in the qualification:
|Academic Merit Bursary||
|Family Discount||This bursary is awarded to applicants that will be the second or third (etc) child of the same family studying at the NWU. Annual re-application on/before closing date is required:
|Arts and Culture Bursary||
Ronel Emms (Rugby institute)
(018) 299 2429
Corene Middleton (other sports)
(018) 299 2905
Closing date for rugby and sports bursary applications is 15 October annually
NWU Postgraduate Bursaries , Loans and Scholarships
- NWU Postgraduate Bursary scheme for Honours, Masters and Doctoral students
- Compulsory: All students from the second year of the degree must attach the prescribed pogress report to the application
NWU Postgraduate Merit Bursary
- The academic record attached should be the final record of the preceding degree with a PASS result.
- Apply irrespective if you have been approved by the faculty. If declined by the faculty, the bursary will be cancelled.
Postgraduate Research Bursaries
- These bursaries are administrated by the Research Office
- Contact Funanani Lavhelani and Heide Goedhals
- More information also available on eFundi (Research Support). Log in with your student number
North-West University NWU NSFAS Application Status