NUST Architecture and Spatial Planning
The Department of Architecture & Spatial Planning at the Namibia University of Science and Technology is the first of its type in the Country. It offers the Bachelor of Architecture (Honours) degree programme.
Until 2010, when the Department was established in the Faculty of Engineering (FoE), Namibians wishing to study architecture were obliged to do so in South Africa or other neighboring countries, at a prize only affordable by few. Therefore, the establishment of this Faculty of Architecture in Namibia to produce home grown professionals with the requisite qualification to contribute towards the shaping of future Namibian Architecture and rural/urban agglomerations is highly acknowledged as a landmark in the history of development of the country’s educational system.
Within its very short period of existence, the programme has gained so much popularity that over 200 applications were received from Namibians and other nationals, seeking to study architecture in the 2011 Academic Year.
The two tier 4-year Bachelor of Architecture (Honours) programme is designed to provide the first exit level for the Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) degree after 3 years. This is to ensure that those who are unable to successfully complete the 4-year honours degree programme, can at least earn the B.Arch. degree certificate to enable them secure some gainful employment. Graduates with the B.Arch. (Hons) degree qualification are normally able to, amongst others, design functionally articulate and structurally integral sustainable buildings for a given context, determine the set of comprehensive contract documentations for, as well as supervise its construction.
The programme is run by a team of young and dedicated staff. The students are highly motivated and enthusiastic. Both staff and students work together like a family in an atmosphere which fosters healthy academic development and scholarship.
I trust you find your tour of this website enjoyable. Meanwhile, we will continue to strive to make it even more constructive.
- Bachelor of Town and Regional Planning HonoursOn completion of this programme, students should be eligible to register with the Namibian Council of Town and Regional Planners.
- Bachelor of Town and Regional Planning
The programme includes the study of why and how (and with what consequences) societies intervene, shape, organise and change natural and build environments in order to secure an agreed range of social economic and environmental objectives.
- Bachelor of Regional and Rural Development HonoursAims at consolidating and deepening the knowledge and skills of students in the main cognate area of learning, as well as developing their capacity to conduct research of an applied nature.
- Bachelor of Regional and Rural DevelopmentGraduates will be given a theoretical and applied knowledge of regional and rural development issues, public administration and management tasks as well as natural resources protection and management.
- Bachelor of Architecture HonoursThe Bachelor of Architecture Honours (B. Arch Hons) programme is a one-year professional degree programme and will be awarded to students credited with a minimum of 127 credits at NQF Level 8.
- Bachelor of Architecture
The Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) is a 3 three-year degree programme and will be awarded to students credited with a minimum of 400 credits at NQF level 7. Planning, design and construction of buildingsSponsored
TEL: 061-207-2940/ FAX: 061-207-2142