MUT NSFAS Online Application 2021-2022
Mangosuthu University of Technology NSFAS Online Application
Welcome to nsfasapplication.org.za, where you will find details on how to apply for the Mangosuthu University of Technology MUT NSFAS Student aid for . The NSFAS loan is a government backed initiative aimed at supporting academically sound students in financial need. The loan caters for a students tuition fees, accommodation, books, registration and extra funds for personal upkeep.
It should be noted that a student is expected to make some contribution towards their tuition fees, this amount is determined by NSFAS. During loan distribution, NSFAS determines how much a student receives, thus minimum and maximum amounts are determined by NSFAS.
During application, students are advised to Fully fill and proof read their submission to ensure all details provided are accurate. Failure to do this can result in a rejected application.
Note: NSFAS IS NOT a bursary scheme. It is a study loan from government of which a portion may be converted to a bursary based on excellent academic achievement.
In order to access the NSFAS Online application form, students will have to create a Mynsfas Account. Below are steps on how to create an account and apply online.
All applications for student funding must be submitted via the NSFAS website
All students with a household income of R600000 or less are encouraged to apply for possible funding. ALL applications must be submitted via the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za
Please note the following important information:
- The deadline for NSFAS funding is 30 November . No late applications will be accepted. For more information on the application process or to apply, please visit www.nsfas.org.za or call 086 006 7327.
- The closing date for applications for other funding opportunities will be communicated at a later stage. Please note, however, that ALL applications for funding must be submitted via the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za
What is NSFAS?
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a statutory body, funded primarily by the South African National Department of Education and Training, which provides study loans to academically able but financially needy students who wish to study at one of South Africa’s public higher education institutions.
What is a NSFAS loan?
A NSFAS loan is an award that a student can receive from NSFAS upon applying and qualifying for such loan. This loan has to be repaid with interest (interest of each year is linked to the national inflation rate). A maximum award size is determined for each year by NSFAS. A portion of this award can be converted into a bursary based on academic performance. The size of this bursary is determined by the number of modules which the student has passed. A 100% pass rate will result in a 40% bursary rebate on this NSFAS loan.
NSFAS loan criteria
You may apply for a NSFAS loan if you are
- a South African student studying at a public South African higher education institution.
- an undergraduate student studying towards a first higher education qualification.
- studying towards a postgraduate qualification which is a requirement to practise in a chosen profession (eg Postgraduate Certificate in Education).
- studying towards any postgraduate qualification except the MBA, the MBL, the DBA or the DBL.
- able to demonstrate potential for academic success and that you are financially needy.
(including historic debt loans and postgraduate loans)
- Applications: Apply online at www.nsfas.org.za or complete the application form and submit it to email@example.com
- Appeals: Students whose NSFAS application was unsuccessful may appeal the outcome of their application by completing the appeals form and submitting it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your application form must be fully and correctly completed.
- You must submit all the required documentation as part of your application.
- You must submit your application before the closing date as published on the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za
What is a NSFAS bursary?
A variety of NSFAS bursaries exist, each with its own criteria. A NSFAS bursary is an award that a student receives upon application for such funding. This bursary award does not have to be repaid. However, if the student does not adhere to the bursary conditions, the bursary will be converted to a loan. This loan will have to be repaid with interest.
Please visit the undergraduate bursary page for individual bursary criteria.
For more information on NSFAS loans and bursaries, please visit the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za
MUT NSFAS Application Closing Date
Please note the following important information:
The deadline for NSFAS funding is 30 November . No late applications will be accepted. For more information on the application process or to apply, please visit www.nsfas.org.za or call 086 006 7327.
The closing date for applications for other funding opportunities will be communicated at a later stage. Please note, however, that ALL applications for funding must be submitted via the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za
MUT NSFAS Contact Details
|Bursaries Officer||031 907 7462|
|NSFAS||031 907 7353|
|Schools Liaison Office||031 907 7353|
|Financial Aid Bureau||031 907 7106|
|Central Applications Office||086 086 0 226|