MSc Scholarships for Future Health Leaders in Africa, 2017
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is pleased to offer MSc Scholarships for Future Health Leaders to study in Africa for the year 2017. Students from Sub-Saharan African Countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Three scholarships are offered to support the training and development of the next generation of leaders in global health and strengthen the capacity of health systems in Africa.
London School’s mission is to be a world-leading school of public and global health, working closely with partners in the UK and worldwide to address contemporary and future critical health challenges.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a world-leading centre for research and postgraduate education in public and global health.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue MSc programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships are open to applicants for any of the 18 non-distance learning programmes offered by the School (including our joint programmes: MSc Global Mental Health; MSc Health Policy, Planning & Financing; MSc One Health; MSc Veterinary Epidemiology).
Scholarship Award: Each scholarship will cover
- Tuition fees, including any mandatory field trip fees, and
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,510.00.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility: To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must
- Be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- Intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at the School; and
- Confirm in writing that they would not otherwise be able to pay for the proposed programme of study; and
- Meet the School’s minimum English language requirements; and
- Hold a first degree at either a first or upper second class equivalency level, and
- Hold an offer of admission for 2017-18 for one of the School’s 18 London-based MSc programmes of study. Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate outstanding experience and qualifications (in their application documentation), and who have the potential to make significant contributions to public and global health in Africa.
Nationality: Students from Sub-Saharan African Countries (Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English language Requirements: It is essential that all students should have an adequate command of the English language to benefit from studies at the School. Once you have submitted your application the Admissions Team will check your English language ability. For further details please read the English Language Requirements.
How to Apply: Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
Step 1: Submit an application for 2017-18 for a London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page, ensuring that all necessary supplementary documents (including references) are submitted by the scholarship deadline.
Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting the option ‘2017-18 MSc Scholarships for Future Health Leaders’. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application.
Application Deadline: The scholarship deadline is March 19, 2017.