IPI Journalism Micro-Grants in Turkey 2017
The International Press Institute (IPI) is pleased to offer its Journalism Micro-Grants. These grants are available for Turkish applicants.
The aim of the grant is to produce feature-style journalistic content analysing the impact that pressure on press freedom in the country has on other aspects of society.
International Press Institute (IPI) is a global organisation dedicated to the promotion and protection of press freedom and the improvement of journalism practices.
Course Level: Grants are available for journalists.
Study Subject: Grants are awarded to produce feature-style journalistic content analysing the impact that pressure on press freedom in the country has on other aspects of society.
Scholarship Award: Grants will cover the following:
- Micro-grants of up to €500
Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarships are not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Turkey
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Individual journalists from Turkey or with substantial experience in Turkey who are currently physically present in the country.
Nationality: Turkish applicants are eligible to apply for the grants.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be journalists.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- In order for your application to be eligible for review by IPI, you must provide the following information:
- Statement of personal information, including
- Full Name
- Postal Address
- Street Address (if different)
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Website (if relevant)
- Statement of proposed content to be produced (maximum 400 words)
- Provide a detailed description of the content you plan to produce if awarded a micro-grant and the amount you are requesting, in euros, to produce that content. Specifically, address how this content meets the criteria set forth in the call. Identify the medium to be used, any central themes or ideas, how you plan to produce the content, any anticipated difficulties and any other relevant information.
- Statement of journalistic background (maximum 400 words)
- Describe your journalistic background and any skills or experience that may be relevant to your ability to produce the content described in your application.
- All information submitted must be provided in English.
- The completed application should be sent to IPI by email. Contact information can be found below.
- If you are unsure whether your application qualifies for a micro-grant, please send a preliminary inquiry with a brief description of your project via email.
- Applications must be submitted in English. However, content may be delivered in Turkish or English. IPI will facilitate the translation of content produced in Turkish to English, and vice-versa.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 27, 2017.
International Scholarships for Namibians to Study Abroad
Admissions for Universities in Namibia
Prospectus for Universities in Namibia
Application Forms for Universities in Namibia
Bursaries for Namibians and International Students
Internships for Namibians and International Students