Foreign Language Scholarships for International Students in Greece, 2017
The State Scholarship Foundation (IKY) announces fifty (50) scholarships for foreign nationals (allogeneic or expatriate) to attend a course; and Greek Language and Culture seminars.
State Scholarships Foundation (IKY) was founded in 1951 aiming to offer young scientists grants for post-graduate studies, abroad and within Greece, in order to broaden their horizons, utilize their skills and offer better services to the society.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to attend a course and Greek Language and Culture seminars.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of Greek Language and Culture.
Scholarship Award: Not Known
Number of Scholarships: There are fifty (50) scholarships available for foreign nationals.
Scholarship can be taken in Greece
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Incomplete, inaccurate or illegible applications will be rejected.
- Candidates who are or have been scholars of IKY are excluded from it Choice.
- Candidates who are prosecuted by the Competent Authorities are excluded from it Choice.
- Applications from candidates in the final year of study, before taking the degree
- They will not be examined.
Nationality: Foreign nationals are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Candidates must:
- To be alogeneous or expatriates, ie not to have Greek citizenship.
- Do not have dual citizenship (foreign and Greek).
- To hold a university degree from a University abroad.
- Age up to 40 years old on 01/01/2017.
- Not to be resident in Greece.
- The knowledge of the Greek language they will acquire after this cycle Monitoring, facilitating their work or promoting Greek Language and culture abroad.
- Candidates should meet the above conditions by the deadline
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Required documents
- Application, completed in all points, signed and with one (1) recent Photo.
- Recent curriculum vitae (in English or Greek).
- University degrees.
- Certificate of knowledge of Greek (if any) or English or French.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (in Greek, English or French only) by University professor at all levels.
- Certificate of seniority in teaching the Greek language, provided there is.
- Recent (to be issued approximately one (1) month prior to the submission of the application)
- Medical certificate of a state hospital, or equivalent recognized from which it would appear that the candidate does not suffer from
- A disease likely to constitute a risk to public health or safety (according to the International data and the World Health Organization).
- Copy of valid passport/police ID.
These are submitted in paper form through the Hellenic Diplomatic Authorities and to IKY are submitted in electronic form to e-mail: foreigners-at-iky.gr. Candidates who are in Greece can apply when submitting their application. To address the diplomatic authorities of their country in Greece. The relevant forms are available from the Greek Diplomatic Authorities, from the offices of the IKY Or from the Foundation’s website. The application will be submitted in accordance with Annexes 1 or 2 (Application Form to Greek or English).
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 11, 2017.
International Scholarships for Namibians to Study Abroad
Admissions for Universities in Namibia
Prospectus for Universities in Namibia
Application Forms for Universities in Namibia
Bursaries for Namibians and International Students