DSU Scholarships for International Students at Polytechnic University of Milan in Italy, 2017-2018
Polytechnic University of Milan is now accepting applications for financial aid which is reserved for students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate and PhD programmes in Italy. The total of 1700 scholarships is available under this call.
The Politecnico di Milano is the largest technical university in Italy, with about 42,000 students. It offers undergraduate, graduate and higher education courses in engineering, architecture and design.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue Undergraduate, Master and PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the courses offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The amounts of the scholarships vary depending on:
- the type of student (far from home, computer, in place)
- the economic and financial situation of the family unit
Number of Scholarships: A total of 1700 scholarships are available under this call, to be divided in the following manner:
- Students enrolled in the first year of Bachelor of Science or single-cycle Master of Science programmes: 250
- Students enrolled in the first year of Master of Science programmes: 290
- Students enrolled in the first year of PhD and specialisation programmes: 10
- Students enrolled in years subsequent to the first of all programmes: 1.130
- Students enrolled in years subsequent to the first of PhD and specialisation programmes: 20
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
Students enrolled in Bachelor of Science, single-cycle Master of Science and Master of Science programmes
Additional Educational Obligations (OFAs)
Students who enrol in the first year of the Bachelor of Science, single-cycle Master of Science and Master of Science programmes must enrol without total OFAs (Additional Educational Obligations). The presence or absence of OFAs will be assessed solely at the time of the student’s enrolment. It is absolutely irrelevant, for the purposes of assigning financial aid benefits, to pass OFAs at a date subsequent to enrolment. Enrollment in Bachelor of Science/single-cycle Master of Science programmes with only the OFA in English does not constitute grounds for exclusion.
Grade for Admission to Bachelor of Science Programmes in Design, Urban Planning and Architectural Design
Without prejudice to all the merit requirements prescribed in this Article, students enrolling in the first year of Bachelor of Science programmes in Design and in urban planning can only take part in this Call if they have passed the admission test or admission exam with a score equal to or greater than 60/100. Students who enrol in the first year of the Bachelor of Science programme in Architectural Design can only take part in this Call if they have passed the admission test with a score equal to or greater than 54/90.
Educational Credits Required
For all students enrolled in Bachelor of Science, single-cycle Master of Science and Master of Science programmes, merit requirements also consider the number of ECTS credits that the student has to achieve for the assignment and retention of the requested benefit.
Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.
Application Deadline: For A.Y. 2017/2018 the online application form must be submitted within midday of:
- July 14 2017, for students enrolling for years subsequent to the first for all programmes, including students enrolling for years subsequent to the first of PhD and specialising programmes;
- August 11 2017, for students enrolling in the first years of all programmes, including students enrolling in the first year of Laurea Magistrale (equivalent to Master of Science) programmes as from the second semester and including students enrolling for the first year of PhD and specializing programmes.